History of the Manor of Little Raveley in Huntingdonshire, UK
LITTLE RAVELEY was a berewick or outlying hamlet of Wistow (q.v.) and was granted to Ramsey Abbey by St. Oswald, Archbishop of York. Oswald's grant was confirmed by King Edgar in 974, by William the Conqueror in 1078 and by later sovereigns and popes. It is not specifically mentioned in the Domesday Survey, but was included in the 9 hides entered under Wistow. The manor was held in demesne by the Abbot of Ramsey down to the dissolution of the monastery in 1539 when, on 4 March 1539–40, the manor and advowson were granted to Richard Williams alias Cromwell.
The Cromwells held the manor until they became impoverished during the Civil Wars. About 1667 it passed to Lord Sandwich. In 1691 (fn. 6) and 1749 (fn. 7) it was settled on behalf of the then Lord Sandwich. It was sold in December 1889 by Lord Sandwich to William Henry Fellowes, second Lord de Ramsey, (fn. 8) and his grandson Ailwin Edward Fellowes, third Lord de Ramsey, is now lord of the manor.
Victoria County History - Bedfordshire Published in 1932